Longacre's 3-Gauge Accutech SMi Panel comes complete with the advanced AccuTech SMi Gauges.
The 2-5/8" Stepper-Motor gauges use a small electronic motor that turns a fraction of a rotation to drive the pointer. Much more precise then traditional mechanical gauges, many pro-racing teams are switching to Stepper-Motor gauges to improve accuracy.
The gauges include ultra bright LED warning lights that are easily set by the user.
The Oil Pressure gauge includes 3 total set-points to make sure you notice motor problems before they become disastrous.
The kit includes everything necessary for installation - heavily insulated wiring, soldered/heat-shrinked terminals, lights, and senders.
Includes an attractive composite panel.
• Oil Pressure (0-100 psi)
• Water Temperature (100-280° F)
• Oil Temperature (100-340° F)
• 2-5/8" gauge withmolded polycarbonate/ABS case
• Included electronic sensor drives the gauge - no oil or fuel in the driver compartment.
PLEASE VIEW THE VIDEO
FOR DETAILS AND TO SEE GAUGES IN ACTION.
'Stepper Motor' Racing Gauges
The next generation in instrumentation
SMi™ Stepper motor gauges use a small electronic motor that only turns a tiny fraction of a rotation to drive the pointer. It is electronically controlled and is much more precise than the traditional mechanical instruments whose accuracy can be affected by many factors. Many professional race teams - NASCAR™, etc. – are switching to this style of gauge for the improved accuracy (see the in-car cameras). Approved for use by IMCA™.
Built-in Warning Lights – Ultra Bright 2 Stage LED
2 set points are easily adjusted to your needs (critical oil pressure has 3 set points). For example set water temp for just above normal running temp (if you run 215° set it at 230°). Above that the LED comes on to let you know the motor is starting to get warm. Set the second one at the max temp your engine can tolerate (say 250°). At this point the LED flashes to attract your attention, possibly saving motor damage.
Since oil pressure is so critical it has 3 set points.
You can set the first just below normal running pressure (say normal is 60 psi – set it at 50 psi – no damage there). At this point the LED comes on. Set the second at 35 psi. The LED flashes – you need to know here, possible damage. Set the third at 20 psi. Engine damage is likely here. At this third set point the LED continues to flash PLUS the gauge backlight starts to flash. It’s hard to miss this – day or night. It allows you to get the engine shut down before it blows up, saving you $$.
- 3 Gauge panel with OP 0–100 psi, WT 100°-280°and OT 100°-340°
- Gauges are 2-5/8” and have a molded polycarbonate / ABS case (virtually unbreakable)
- An electronic sensor (incl.) is installed on the motor to drive the gauge - no oil or fuel in the driver’s compartment for safety.
- Thru-the-dial LED backlights and an illuminated pointer make these easy to read at any speed
- ”Presentation” at turn-on - Gauges go through a self test. Pointers swing full scale and all LEDs come on
- Great looking Aluminum Panel - black anodized with clean, modern graphics - pre-wired and ready for installation
- Can be used with 12 & 16 Volt negative ground systems with or without an Alternator
AccuTech™ SMi™ Stepper Motor Gauge Panel Wiring
• Single Yellow wire: To ignition switch so power to gauge will be shut off when ignition is off.
• Single Red wire: To ignition switch or other source so power is always on, regardless of ignition switch. This allows the pointer to always return to 0 when shut off.
• Black wire: Connect to ground (this connection is important as many problems are caused by poor ground).
These gauges are not intended to be waterproof. Cover gauges if car interior is to be washed down.
Use only on 12 or 16 volt systems with negative ground.
To set warning light points hold both buttons on lower front of gauge for 5 seconds. Red LED will come on steady. This is the first setpoint. Use the buttons to raise or lower this setpoint as shown by the pointer. When you get the setting you want stop pushing the buttons. After 5 seconds of no button being pushed the Red LED will start to flash. This is the second setpoint. Adjust as above. After 5 seconds of no button being pushed the gauge will resume normal function. (Oil pressure only – there is a third setpoint. Here the Red LED continues to flash and the gauge backlight flashes also. Set as above.)
REMOTE WARNING LITE: The Oil Pressure gauge (#46540 & 44594) and 0-100 psi Fuel Pressure (#46538) have two additional wires coming from the harness. They operate an optional 12 volt external warning light that can be mounted on the left side of the dash or as preferred. Wire colors are brown and green. They are identified.
• Pressure Sensors
The pressure sensor(s) MUST be mounted on a firewall mount on the outside of the driver’s compartment to be eligible for warranty replacement. This way there is no oil or fuel in the driver’s compartment for safety. Mounting the pressure sensor(s) to the engine can cause the sensor to prematurely fail. Extra sensors are available.
• Oil pressure: Sensor This sensor is connected from the sensor block to the engine in the usual place by using a flexible line of your choice.
• Water/oil temperature: Sensor can be mounted on the motor in the usual place or in the radiator. Included is an adapter that installs directly into a traditional mechanical gauge style manifold fitting. If you wish the sensor can be removed from this adapter and installed directly in the manifold. It has a 1/8” NPT thread. If longer wire is needed (marine, etc.) splicing is acceptable. Make solid connections.
• There is no separate sensor for the volt gauge.WARNING:
These gauges are reasonably heat resistant but may be damaged by excessive radiant heat from the exhaust system. If you mount your gauges or panel directly into the firewall so that the gauges and wiring are exposed to the engine compartment YOU MUST BUILD A SHIELD to protect them from radiant exhaust heat.
These gauges are not intended to be waterproof. Cover gauges if car interior is to be washed.